Tile Package Scales

06-23-2013 11:11 PM
JohanWennberg2
New Contributor
Hey

I have created a tiled package from a tile cach with the following scale levels:

But when i use the tile package in my wpf program i am not able to zoom in more than 1:10000, if i do, all the layers in the tile package dissapears. Am i missing something here? Does the scale level impact the zoom level in a tile package? And im trying to avoid one more scale level because the tile package grows so much bigger in size, but still i want to be able to zoom in more than 10000 with the layers in the tile package visible.

/JW
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Johan,

If you want to zoom in further than the scale defined in the TPK, you can set the MinimumResolution for the map based on the map units per pixel for your desired scale.

<esri:Map UseAcceleratedDisplay="True" WrapAround="True" MinimumResolution="2500" Extent="-15000000,2000000,-7000000,8000000" Background="#FFE3E3E3">
    <esri:ArcGISLocalTiledLayer ID="BaseMap" Path="..\Data\TPKs\Topographic.tpk"/>
</esri:Map>

If the base map is no longer visible a scale greater than 1:10,000 there may be rules set in the original MXD.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Displaying_layers_at_certain_scales/00s500...
0 Kudos
MatthewPalavido
New Contributor III

Hi Johan,

I know this post is over a year old now, but I thought I'd post the solution to this in case anyone else runs in to this issue (as I did). I've outlined a fairly simple workaround on my blog. You can get to it here:

Creating a Tile Cache or Package that is Visible at All Scales

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

I would also check the maps set minimum extent ... even with the basemaps you sometime have to adjust this to ensure the users have a decent experience

0 Kudos