BUG, Vertex editing and MoveEnabled="False"

10-04-2011 07:52 AM
ArneDahlman
New Contributor III
Hi,

When you set MoveEnabled="False" in editor, vertex editing does not work properly.
You can edit vertexes, but you can't finish by clicking inside polygon. The only option is to abort the command.

This editor is working:
<esri:Editor x:Key="MyEditor" EditCompleted="Editor_EditCompleted" ContinuousMode="True" MoveEnabled="True" RotateEnabled="False" ScaleEnabled="False" EditVerticesEnabled ="True" />

Not working:
<esri:Editor x:Key="MyEditor" EditCompleted="Editor_EditCompleted" ContinuousMode="True" MoveEnabled="False" RotateEnabled="False" ScaleEnabled="False" EditVerticesEnabled ="True" />

I really want to set MoveEnabled="False".

I'am using 2.2.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
I am using v2.2 and I also have this same behavior.

Not working for me:
<esri:Editor x:Key="MyEditor" EditCompleted="Editor_EditCompleted" MoveEnabled="False" />
0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for reporting this. We'll try to get it fixed in future releases.

For the time-being, you can use EditGeometry instead of Editor.EditVertices.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#EditToolsGeometry and call StopEdit() explicitly.
0 Kudos
Joao_PauloPaschoal
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using version 3.2.1 and still got the same problem.

Is there any solution or workaround other than changing Editor to EditGeometry?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joao,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I had just tried this on the latest 3.2 release (10.2.1.431) and was not able to reproduce. Editing geometry completes by clicking inside the polygon even if MoveEnabled, RotateEnabled and ScaleEnabled had been set to false.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Joao_PauloPaschoal
New Contributor II

Jennifer,

In my case I'm editing a polyline, it should complete edition by clicking in the line itself, however when the "MoveEnabled" is set to false it doesn't work. I've already updated to the latest release (10.2.1.431) and still nothing . Is there a different way to complete edition instead of clicking the line itself? Am I missing something?

dll_release.png

Thanks in advance for your attention.

0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

I see how this could be a problem with Polyline geometry using touch. When using mouse to click on graphic, the edit completes but it's difficult when you use touch. ArcGIS API for Silverlight - Interactive Samples | ArcGIS for Developers unless Edit Vertices was unchecked.

Another way to complete the edit is to call EditGeometry.StopEdit(). If using Editor or EditorWidget, the edit will complete by user interaction click/tap on graphic.

0 Kudos