Parcel Fabric: warn if trying to edit a version that is not a child of the default version

06-25-2014 12:02 PM
MarkVolz
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a new person who will be working on our parcels.  I set up a version for him which is a child of my qaqc version, and a grandchild of our default version.  He could start editing the parcels, but all the parcel construction tools were disabled.

When I couldnt edit anything I decided to call technical support.  The person was helpful and thorough.  We checked the drivers, and the permissions, the services, etc.  After a while he rememberd that unlike other feature classes the parcel fabric can only be edited if it is the default version or a child of a default version.  Therefore editing on the grandchild of the default version would  not work.

Feature request:
Display a warning if we are trying to edit a parcel fabric that is not the default or a child of the default version, that is until it is possible to edit the parcel fabric using a grandchild version.

Thanks

2 Comments
AmirBar-Maor

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro using Attribute Rule Constraint rule.

Use the currentVersion($feature) to check reject edits if they are done on the default version (by certain users).

To allow editing of default to the administrator user you can also include the new user access capabilities.

Both are new in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

var version = gdbVersion($feature) //get the version

if (version  == "sde.DEFAULT")
{
   //DEFAULT version logic e.g. prevent editing in default

}
else if (version  != "sde.DEFAULT" && version  != "")
{
  //when in a version

}

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented