Configure Tabbed Info Window Popups in AGOL

05-15-2013 07:02 AM
AlanHammersmith
New Contributor III

I love that users have the ability to configure their own popup windows when creating a map in ArcGIS Online without having to get into any code, and that there are a few options for them to start from (list, description, custom, none).  However, I feel like this is only the beginning.  When there are many attributes for a given layer, it would be great to be able to organize them across a tabbed window, instead of being forced to use a custom scrollable panel.  This way, one tab could contain a free-form description, another tab could contain a list of selected attributes, another with an image (either from a feature attachment from from a URL from that attributes) and maybe even another with a list of related links.  The 'custom' option will let you do most of this, but the scrollable panel is not as good for organizing a lot of data as a tabbed popup would be.

Something like this (http://www.masscec.com/index.cfm/cdid/12451) would be nice, and I'm sure you can do better than Google on this.

5 Comments
KatieBudreski
This would be so useful!
NickFloersch
Google should not be ahead of ESRI on any GIS related topic.
David_JHealy
Tabbed Pop-ups would be a great standard addition to AGOL!
MarkBenishek
Yes, I just had a customer ask about this very topic today!  This would be a fantastic addition to AGOL!
by Anonymous User

I have heard a similar request from a customer as well!