Maintain angle of polygon fill when data fram is rotated

03-20-2013 02:09 PM
Labels (1)
MatthewBruning
New Contributor II

I would like to maintain the rotation angle of a polygon fill when the data frame is rotated. This would be helpfull when using data driven pages when the rotation of the data frame changes. So for instace I have a polygon fill with 45 degree angles I want this to be maintained at 45 degrees when the frame is rotated.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
KevinShipman1
I agree, and have other suggestions for maintaining angles that aren't associated with the data frame. For example, I have hwy symbols that all must be rotated to 'counter' the rotation of the data frame. If I were to change the data frame rotation, I have to then change all the angles of the point symbols to adjust.

Perhaps there is a check box that would allow one to set rotation based on true bearing (as is done now), or to set rotation (of points, or polygon fill angle, etc.) to the bearing of the map page i.e. the top of the page is always 0 degrees regardless of data frame rotation.

Good ideas thanks!
wayfaringrob

@KoryKramer  seems these could be merged:  Rotate polygon fills in Legend to match Data Frame... - Esri Community

The poor support for angled map frames and discrepancy between the way labeling, annotation, and symbology are handled almost makes working with them a non-starter. Not sure if this would be part of the same idea, but there's a comment that mentions this being planned? Since 2014?: Fix Hatching Labels within a Rotated Data Frame - Esri Community

CraigWilliams
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.