Support WMS url parameters in ArcGIS Online

Idea created by 1_samlarsen on Jun 15, 2012
    Implemented
    Score100
    When i add a WMS layer to a webmap with parameters in the url, those parameters are not then added to subsequent requests to the WMS.
    For example: when i add the following url to ArcGIS.com
    the version parameter is not included in the request to the WMS endpoint. 
    In this case, the WMS is defaulted to version 1.3.0 which will not work.

It is actually an issue with the JavaScript API (which is used in arcgis.com).
    When you point the API to a WMS service  with a version number in the url the API does not pick up the version number from the url and add it so subsequent requests.
    In my example the WMS endpoint hosted multiple versions of WMS (v1.1.1 & v1.3.0).  The v1.3.0 did not work, but when I put the v1.1.1 in the url of the WMS, the subsequent AGOL request to the getcapabilities file did not include the version number and the default v1.3.0 getcapabilities was returned by the service which meant that it did not work.

I got around it in the JS API by creating a huge WMSInfo object which contains the right version number.
    That helps me do it in the API - but it still means that I can't add the layer to arcgis.com

I would like the ability to have the version 1.1.1 parameter included in all requests to the WMS endpoint