More and Better Examples for JavaScript API

Idea created by dashton on May 9, 2012
    New
    Score210
     I've been using the Silverlight API for the last year or so and just wanted to get into the JavaSript API.  I quickly found out all APIs are not created equal.  The Silverlight API seems far superior with its widgets ( a really TOC with group layers and a legend rolled into one tool, a awesome featuredatagrid table, clustering of points, tons of examples on how to query or what ever).  I'm trying to learn how to attribute query in JS show it on the map and send it to a datagrid and there is no example...I have to combine several examples.  All the examples on JS are weak; they really focus on the info window and the click to query.  The Base Map Gallery is a cool widget that JS has and Silverlight doesn't but that is about it.

90% of the query examples are click to query - the one attribute query doesn't even use the map
    The datagrid is weak - having to hard code field name headers makes it hard to use with mulitple layers
    The TOC and Legend need to be one and it needs to be able to handle feauture layers and group layers
    Stop focusing so much on the info and pop up window and focus on displaying data other ways like clean tables
    More documentation under the concepts tab really explaining how to do stuff