Not in Current Product Plan
Introduce visually richer interface with more information and controls available directly in the Table Of Contents. Inspired by Improve TOC Interactivity idea.
1. Access Original Layer Parameters in TOC
Allow direct access to layer’s original parameters like data source name, value fields or symbol values in TOC. Provide possibility to switch between classic mode and original parameters mode or display both in a combined mode.
Provide possibility to change these original parameters directly in TOC:
- Change Data Source (Layer Name) directly in TOC – choose from drop-down list of existing layers or load new. Possibility to identify and select layers with the same data source in TOC (List By Draw Order). Match layer name to source name (filename or alias).
- Change Value Field (Heading) directly in TOC – choose from drop-down list. Possibility to reset Heading Label to default.
- Change Symbol Values (Labels) directly in TOC – enter new value or choose from drop-down list. Possibility to reset Symbol Label to default.
- Add Values directly in TOC – enter new value or choose from drop-down list.
2. Display Layer Source Type & Status in TOC
Show layer’s type and data source’s geometry type and data type in the Table Of Contents (List By Drawing Order and List By Source modes). At the same time indicate status of each data source.
- Group Layer (Symbolize Grouped Layers in TOC)
- Basemap Layer
- Geometry Type and Data Type of Layer (point, line…/shp, gdb, raster…)
Indicate immediate availability and status of each layer’s data source:
- Locked (display details in infotip)
- Edited (display session details in infotip)
- Missing (display details of broken link in infotip)
Indicate if group layer contains layers with missing or edited data:
- Group containing edited layers
- Group containing layers with missing sources (display list in infotip)
3. Indicate Layer Properties Status in TOC
Indicate in TOC the status of important layer properties (labels, definition query, transparency, etc.) with possibility to control and manage these properties directly from TOC.
Possibility to customize which controls are monitored and displayed:
- Definition Query (Definition Query in TOC)
- Symbol Levels
Each status icon could have mouse context menu available to change specific status details (e.g. turn on label classes separately). Besides, status icons indicating presence of Joins/Relates, Symbols dependence on reference scale, etc. could also be present.
4. TOC Infotips
Display detailed customizable summary of object properties in TOC (Data Frame, Layer, Label, Symbol, etc.) in the infotip.
- Data Frame – name, description, credits, reference scale, rotation, coordinate system, etc.
- Group – number of layers, number of visible, transparent layers, types of layers, etc.
- Layer – name, coordinate system, description, credits, source: size, date, type, geometry, source folder/database, chosen metadata, etc.
- Symbol Label – symbol value
- Symbol – name, fill color, outline color, font, etc.