Advanced Symbology in ArcGIS for windows Mobile-- symbol angles for mapping geologic structures

Idea created by rcarter_gis on Dec 20, 2011
    New
    Score100
    I'm working with 10.1 Beta so I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if this functionality is just not supported in Arc GIS for Windows Mobile.  If the latter is true, then my idea is to include this Advanced Symbology functionality into the ArcGIS for Windows Mobile framework. 

An important component of mobile applications for mineral exploration is being able to see the direction at which a geologic structure occurs-- specifically, field users need to be able to see this on the mobile map. This functionality exists in ArcPad and is absolutely essential to mobile workflows for geologic exploration.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I've been unable to succesfully deploy advanced symbology to a Mobile Map Cache.   I set up the symbology within my MXD by clicking Advanced>Rotation and then specifying the "Angle" field under "Rotate points by angle in this field:".  The symbology is set up properly in the MXD, however when I make the map cache and open it within the Mobile Project Center the advanced symbology is lost and the symbols are all at the same angle.