Make all objects viewable in the TOC

10-13-2011 02:34 PM
AlanBrackney
New Contributor II
I can't count all the times I have lost or had difficulties selecting graphics, legends, or scalebars in a layout view.   All objects in the layout view should be viewable and selectable in the TOC -- not just feature classes and groups.
7 Comments
AlexZhuk
And graphic Anno groups must be easier accessible and more prominent , perhaps in TOC too.
GraemeBrowning
I don't think the TOC is the right place to put this but I think a separate window that lists all elements in the layout and enables you to select, open and delete them would be very useful.
MikePing
I agree with "graeme".  A separate list in the layout view would be appropriate.  But it is a good idea to be able to access the graphic objects.
ChristopherStorer1
I see where you're going with this, and perhaps the TOC isn't the right place, but you're right, there is no definitive list of all graphic elements on the page.  I've managed to lose an element or two in the past, and had to pull up VBA and parse through them all to find them.
mattwilkie
the toc has multiple tabs (e.g selections, data sources), please add one for graphics layers, and another for annotation groups
KevinKuhn
i like maphew's suggestion for a button/tab on the TOC that could allow for graphical selections.
AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

This was added in ArcGIS Pro.