I would like to see more functionality added to Excel objects within ArcMap. AutoCAD has functionality that adds an Excel spreadsheet to a map as a table object which then allows you to edit the spreadsheet as you normally would in Excel. Please provide full functionality for Excel spreadsheets within ArcMap that allow you to do the following:
- Dynamically update the Excel table in ArcMap when updated through Excel.
- Change the column width and row height.
- Set exact column width and row height parametrically. Match column width to another.
- Adjust height of records manually with mouse.
- Zoom controls available in Table navigation toolbar (slider and parametric entry/list box).
- Show sorting direction in field title.
- Comments available for each cell, record and field to store user notes and explanations.
- Field display filtering (for working purposes like Excel AutoFilter).
- Fill and border formatting.
- Edit the field type.
- Maintain the location of the table when it is updated with new information or records.