Mobile Content Server needs to be user friendly application

Idea created by hiroshi_ueyama-esrij-esridist on Sep 14, 2011
    Implemented
    Score520

If we would like to connect an on-premise ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Smartphone apps, we have to make a mobile web map using the Mobile Content Directory. Making a mobile web map is not easy, because during making a mobile web map, it needs a JSON string however the specification is not exposed anywhere, and we only see a document on http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iphone/AppGuide/Maps.pdf.

According to the document, we can get a JSON string easily when we make a map in ArcGIS Online. But, this is non-sense, because users who want to use on-premise ArcGIS Server in secure network, and I believe they don't want to make a map in ArcGIS Online.

So, there are two suggestions for this issue. First, please share the specification of the JSON format for writing a mobile web map without using ArcGIS Online. Second, I think more better thing is that the Mobile Content Directory should have a capability to make a mobile web map without a JSON string. I mean the Mobile Content Directory should contain own viewer like the ArcGIS.com viewer to authoring and publishing a mobile web map.