Copy and Paste Color

Idea created by dbzedler on Jul 26, 2011
    New
    Score250
    I've seen some idea submissions for copying and pasting layer symbols, but I would like a feature specifically for copying and pasting colors.  From what I understand using the Eyedropper Tool requires you to remember or write down the RGB code and type it in where you want to use it, which isn't very convenient.  I think it would be great to be able to copy and paste a color from the color menu instead of typing in the RGB code.  

As a use case, the user wants to use the fill color of a polygon layer as the border color for the data frame.  The user could go to the Symbol Selector for the layer's symbology, click the Color button to open the color menu (which would have the options Copy Color and Paste Color), and choose Copy Color.  As an alternative, the user could use the Eyedropper Tool to copy the color.  Then, the user would go to the Frame tab of the Data Frame Properties, click the Color button to open the Color Menu, and choose Paste Color.  So, instead of just copying from layer to layer, the user could copy a color from any element and paste the color to any element.

Here's the Color Menu I'm talking about:
     0EM30000000CqaU