I propose developing an ArcGIS Server “Optimizer”
This program can be installed as a service to perform:
- periodic monitoring of your ArcGIS Services
- periodic monitoring the SOM and SOC machines
- ping requests map requests, web requests,
- monitoring log files and performance counters
- collect information on what tools are used,
- Collect information on user activity.
Then all these information will be stored or pushed into a database (SQL Express or Derby for example), and using reporting service from the database, reports of analysis will be generated.
We can also think of sending as email (analog to SQL server database mail) these reports will be sent to the ArcGIS Server administrators.