Install for me

12-23-2010 10:16 AM
SuBaker
New Contributor II

Takes a computer scientist with level 2 black belt in back door fixes, registry meddling, tweaking & fixing to install - why don't you do it for customers & ship us a box that just works.  For over $35,000 -  3-5 days sorting out licenses & inststallation errors is not giving confidence in your product.  Woud like it to work "out of hte box" like any other software.  Or maybe offer remote desktop installation service...

2 Comments
TedCronin
 You may want to have support remote into your machine to see what is going on with your errors.  Are you referring to ArcGIS Server?  I would not agree that setting up ArcGIS is very difficult, now if you made this comment 15 years ago when it was problematic to setup Workstation then perhaps you would be onto something here.  Setting up GIS software from Esri is Very easy.  Another solution could be to use the Amazon EC2 server option.  
ScottPrindle

Hello Su,

Thank you for submitting this idea. It has been a few years since you submitted this idea, so I wanted to check back to see if this is still the case. Could you expand on any of the remaining difficulties with installing ArcGIS for Desktop along with Business Analyst?

Thanks,

Scott