Lockout lasts for 15 minutes, Add Unlock Function

10-16-2020 08:06 AM
LukeSavage
Occasional Contributor II

In ArcGIS Portal when users login several times in a matter of a few minutes (in a testing scenario) or logging in with the wrong password 5 times, 15 minute lockout occurs.  There is no unlock function to unlock the user if you are needing the user unlocked.  Please add capability for administrators only.

14 Comments
pfoppe
by MVP

Vote up

DavidForbuss1

Absolutely need this.  Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating having to wait the 15 minutes.  Give admins the ability to reset that timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuart_Paul_DM_

This would be very helpful!

DavidForbuss1

Re-bump, we need this!

MirceaUngurean

This would be really useful.

gpgisandsky

This idea is absolutely correct. It's not correct that an administator must stop their work for 15 minutes.

MaximeDemers

I agree

PeterKing

Bumping this up. Super frustrating as an admin.

IvanSpencer

This caught me by surprise today when I logged in several time in a short time. I can see logging in with the wrong password several times in a short time but with the correct credentials, really. It would be really helpful if I had the ability to tweak the login policy or be able to unlock a user. 

MaximeDemers

Is this can be a security issue?

If someone spam a portal login with wrong credentials, it would prevent anybody to access the application right?