Custom library for Arcade

08-12-2020 06:20 AM
Labels (1)
SylvainHotte
New Contributor II

Since Arcade is a new language, it is lacking the diversity of function other language already have.

I propose that a user/team could develop/import/export custom Arcade library function that could eventually share to the community. Those function could then be used in all Arcade code.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Here is a repository intended for sharing and maintaining reuseable Arcade expressions across all supported profiles.

GitHub - Esri/arcade-expressions: ArcGIS Arcade expression templates for all supported profiles in t... 

Is it something like this that you're seeking, or something else?

SylvainHotte

Hello,

No, this is not what I wish. I would like the possibility to code my own Arcade function, then "compile/reference" them and then include the library in the Arcade script. For example

In C# :

using myCustomLibrary

in python:

from myCustomLibrary import *

At the moment I am coding attribute rule and I need to use the same function in many rule, so I just copy paste the function definition. A library would be very useful and will be more inline with other programming language.

Thanks

Sylvain

DylanKennard-tt

For sure want this too. I visualize it as a bunch of items called "Arcade Functions" and "Arcade Expressions". 2 different library concepts. Then when I edit and attribute in smart forms I have a Custom Library to pull from. Apply the same code to 50 layers and 5 attributes is 150 times. Fix/find a bug....oh boy that is a lot of changes!

CustomFunctions.PNG