Address Data Management Split Road Attribute Rule

07-09-2020 02:30 PM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

I am working on setting up our organization with the new ArcGIS Pro based Address Data Management solution and I noticed that there is an attribute rule for splitting intersecting road when creating a new road that intersects an existing road. However, we often run into the issue where we need to split an existing road because it crosses an administrative boundary (municipal boundary, county boundary, etc.) or the block number changes even though there is not an intersection.

Currently, I have to use a data owner connection, disable the Split Intersecting Road attribute rule, use the Split tool to split the required roads, manually do all the things the attribute rule takes care of (splitting the address range, ID updates, update alias table if necessary), save edits, and reenable the Split Intersecting Road attribute rule.

Granted this does not happen often, but every time we find an issue requiring splitting a road using the Split tool we will have to use this approach.

5 Comments
ChrisFox

Hi @Joshua-Young, I am working on this for the next update of the Address Data Management solution tentatively scheduled for later this year. 

JaishaBurr
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Joshua-Young

@ChrisFoxGlad to hear that. The Address Data Management solution has been tremendously helpful to us for managing our addresses.

ChrisFox
Status changed to: Implemented

We implemented in version 2.0 of the Address Data Management solution:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/introduction-to-address-data-management....

The Pro Project now includes a task and a construction tool that you can use to split one or more roads by sketching along a boundary. When split the address ranges on the roads will be update just as they are when a new road is constructed.

MattPlouse

I'm trying to use the split intersecting road script in my existing data.  It works great, except that I do not get the To ranges for the new segment, everything else works as expected. Any assistance available?