Attribute Table - focused Web App Template

06-09-2020 09:49 AM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Didn't find a similar idea, hope not a duplicate.

Use Case:

I need to design an application for property management - county is not going to renew their current asset mgmt system.  Has a map, but focus is more on the table.  Also need to tie in inspections.

Amusingly, this is the second request for a system like this that I got this month.

A template that is designed for asset management / field collection - sort of like a mesh between ArcGIS Dashboards‌, a map, and the ArcGIS StoryMaps‌ tabbed template.  

Imagine an application with a map in a corner, but focus is on the attribute table.  Selection on the map filters the table, table selection filters the map, etc.  Ability to pull up related tables / inspection reports from field apps, as well as look at any attachments by feature selection as well

• Would be able to handle multiple layers / tables - so selecting the layer from a dropdown brings up the associated map, table, attachments, related data/ reports. etc.  and allows you to filter / zoom by selection
  • Would allow for editing
  • Would allow a summary tab (the dashboard) with customizable widgets
4 Comments
ChristalHigdon_USFS

I agree, and need something very similar. We have a feature class published as a service on ArcServer and it has 4 related tables (tablular only), one of which has photo attachments. I need to create a Dashboard or WebApp for personnel to review all of the data submitted in the related tables. The relationships are not honored by Dashboard or WebApp to get the data to display as a List or Details pane, and have it relate and filter to everything else. It seems if everything was a spatial layer and related, it would be much easier. The Dashboard and WebApp does not recognize the related tables in my web map that is the source.

Kara_Shindle

I've successfully gotten a related table to populate lists in a dashboard, are you attempting to do that with multiple ones?

GerryReidel1

We have a client that is tracking items in a huge Excel file (75 columns, 1,000 records). It's crazy to me, but that's what they're used to. The records relate to lines in the GIS, but we can't get the user interested in a map interface. I guess they're just not a spatial thinker. If there were an app that was table-centric, or form-based, in which we could get them update tables, that would keep us from having to swap and clean Excel files regularly.

Kara_Shindle

I saw a shared template in the Experience Builder that is setup for inspections and I like the direction it is going.  I was experimenting with the new Table widget last week, and I like where it's going.  I don't feel like Experiences there yet.  I haven't seen where you could display related table photos / attachments yet.