Operations Dashboard: Serial Chart Dual-Axis Support

03-30-2020 05:31 PM
AngeloTaylor2
New Contributor III

As far as I can tell, to be able to show multiple series in Operations Dashboard requires that the data all come from the ONE COLUMN.  Only then can you show multiple series by splitting on some typically categorical column.

THIS IS VERY LIMITING in practical everyday use within the business sector!

If I want to chart, say, MILES DRIVEN vs. ANNUAL CO2 EMISSIONS (two different scales of data), I have to develop and configure TWO separate serial charts and then possibly have to do extra work to harmonize the x-axis domains on top of that!  

Most modern software (Tableau and Excel, for example) support dual-axis functionality and, along with many others, have done so for years or decades.

PLEASE ADD THIS LOW HANGING FRUIT FUNCTIONALITY SOON... it would be of great help to many!  

2 Comments
NajyaBatool1

The lack of dual-axis functionality means the ops dash cannot compete with other more robust pieces of software on an analytical level.  I find that I try and sell ops dash to stakeholders and often lose the argument to PowerBI.  I appreciate that these different software serve their own purpose and aren't necessarily meant to compete, but having dual-axis functionality within ops dash would just push it over the line, and win so many more fans!