Create Edit Table Widget

03-27-2020 08:11 AM
BillyHopper
New Contributor III

It would be very beneficial to me, working as an app builder for my organization, if a widget were to be created that would allow me to display/add/edit/delete records in a table that is associated to the content that I am providing on the web map.  

One example would be where I have device locations on a map, the attributes for the point feature layer describe the device itself, but the device is related to a table that maintains the ownership information.  The ability to open up the ownership information table by itself without having to first specify the device would be very helpful.

Another example would be tracking mileage for employees and logging their path to GIS to use for other purposes such as custom navigation, etc.  These employees will record their data but there could be several related tables that are associated to that travel such as a vehicle table for them to specify which vehicle they drove, even an employee list table so they could specify their employee name as well as other employees that may have gone with them, a project code table that allows them to specify the purpose of their travel, and many other things.  

The ability to display and manage data in these related tables within a Web App would give me the ability to replace many of our outdated custom applications that were designed and implemented anywhere from five to over fifteen years ago.  Without the ability to manage non-spatial data, the ESRI platform is severely lacking what I would consider to be critical functionality.  

The widget I would want to see would give you the ability, once it is added to the map, to specify which related table you want to connect it to, then it would provide an interactive grid view of the data within that table.  The ability to add multiple edit table widgets to the same Web App would be perfect.

thank you!