Option to remove maximize button in Ops Dashboard

03-27-2020 07:35 AM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I'd appreciate the ability to control whether or not each element in a dashboard includes a "maximize" button.  Some elements are so simple that the maximize button is not needed. 

USE CASE

I have added an EMPTY Rich Text element at the bottom of my dashboard as a filler, to prevent my content from running off the bottom on small phones.  (This was a fix to resolve a user complaint on an iPhone with a 4.7 inch screen.)  This empty element still has a maximize button, which fills the screen with...a big box of nothing.  See link below; hover over the empty space at the bottom and click the maximize button.

Example Ops Dashboard 

Tags (1)
4 Comments
SianDoherty1

It would be good to disable the maximise button on widgets for use in Public dashboards because it's really easy to maximise it and not understand what has happened or how to get back to the previous view.

I understand having that functionality but it would be good to be able to disable it too.

WaiLungWong

Same thought as Sian! it would be handy if the dashboard user can disable the maximise functionality.

EmilyBurridge

This would be great! I find on small screen especially, it looks ugly and unfinished to have those buttons. My public crime map dashboard is mostly indicators with counts - there is NO reason we’d need to expand those to full screen, and the ability to do so can result in confusion for the end user when they can’t figure out how to « get back to the map »

patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

As of April 2021, there is a dashboard setting that controls whether elements can be expanded at runtime or not.