ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “edit feature” tool appears not to be available on the right click of a service published on the ArcGIS Online,

03-07-2020 03:34 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “edit feature” tool appears not to be available on the right click of a service published on the ArcGIS Online,

I observed that the “edit feature” tool appears not to be available on the right click of a service published on the ArcGIS Online.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi Jamal NUMAN‌ do you need to start an edit session in order to edit that layer in Pro?  When you have an editable layer in the map, you should be able to just start editing (i.e. there is no need to start an edit session).

We've tried to demystify how edit sessions work in Pro here: Don't Fret It, Just Edit! 

Also noteworthy as part of this conversation is that https://community.esri.com/ideas/14075 is In Product Plan and we hope to see that available in Pro 2.6 scheduled for mid-year.

Hope that helps.

JamalNUMAN

Hi Kory,

Despite the fact that the editing options are enabled, Pro is not able to edit the service

Saleh Ahmed

Rawan Saleh

KoryKramer

I'm sorry to hear that, Jamal.  At this point, it seems that it would be most productive to troubleshoot the issue with technical support.  I don't think that having this posted as an Idea is an effective way to resolve the inability to edit the hosted feature service.

Here is the contact form: Esri Support Contact Support 

Thank you!

JamalNUMAN

Editing services published n ArcGIS Online appears not to be doable in ArcMap, either!

What could be the issue here?