ArcPro 2.4.2: Having the “create utility network” tool when right clicking the feature dataset class,

10-27-2019 11:56 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcPro 2.4.2: The “create utility network” tool is not available when right clicking dataset,

I observed that the “create utility network” tool is not available when right clicking dataset. In ArcMap, the create Geometric Network is used to be there

9 Comments
Robert_LeClair

Jamal - Geometric Networks can only be brought into AGP for display and query -- creation/editing of GN's are only available in ArcMap.  For AGP, the developers are creating a new Utility Network as referenced in this link here.

JamalNUMAN

Thanks Robert.

I never mentioned that I need to create GN in Pro! All what I wanted is to have the “Create Utility Network” tool available when right clicking the dataset in Pro! That’s it

I just compared with ArcMap due to the fact that one can create GN by right clicking the dataset.

Robert_LeClair

Apologies - you're correct.  I got confused due to the screen grabs of ArcMap vs. AGP.  Until the right-click option is available, you can modify the Quick Access Toolbar to add the "Create Utility Network" GP tool to that toolbar. 

JamalNUMAN

Thanks Robert.

This way, we are ending up with so many customization here and there in order to get it equivalent what it has been there in ArcMap since ages. This is what’s making our life hard. My suggestion is:

- Please, make the Pro as rich as ArcMap in all terms

- Instead of removing features\properties\behaviors, make all optional so that end users can choose what best fits the work environment

Robert_LeClair

I understand where you're coming from Jamal.  Software development takes time especially with complex software.  As a Senior Instructor, I have zero influence on how/what/when items get developed for AGP but the AGP team is actively monitoring these threads to improve upon the application.  AGP 2.5 is scheduled for January 2020 so perhaps this equivalency item will be added by then.  I have no way of truly knowing...

JamalNUMAN

ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: Having the “create utility network” tool when right clicking the feature dataset class,

It would be great if the ArcGIS Pro to is enhanced have the “create utility network” tool when right clicking the feature dataset class

Clip_571.jpg

MelissaJarman

Great idea that we have in our items to add in the future. I believe you have logged an idea similar to this in the past.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-utility-network-ideas/arcpro-2-4-2-the-create-utility-network-t...

I merged these ideas together.

MelissaJarman
Status changed to: Under Consideration

This is a nice accessibility item that we are looking to include in a future release. While you can still navigate to the tool manually, this context menu at the feature dataset level will improve quick access.

JamalNUMAN

Thank you Melissa

Best

Jamal