Caching “Suggestion” option is not available in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1

08-24-2019 10:04 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Caching “Suggestion” option is not available in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1,

It would be great if the caching “Suggestion” option gets available in ArcGIS Pro

8 Comments
ThomasColson

This may be addressed in https://community.esri.com/ideas/14403 

JamalNUMAN

Not sure if this is planned to be in 2.6

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.7: Something to Celebrate 

Also check out what's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.7!

JamalNUMAN

Not really. The “advanced settings” available in ArcMap is not there in Pro. How scales can be entered as we do in ArcMap?

Clip_153.jpgClip_154.jpg

JamalNUMAN

Not implemented even in 2.9

Clip_7.jpgClip_8.jpg

MattiasEkström

I've almost left ArcMap, but this is one thing that I still need ArcMap for. To be able to create my own custom tiling scheme. The auto suggest option is implemented in Pro, but without the advanced settings where you can modify the scales it's kind of useless to me.

@KoryKramercould you change status to partly implemented or something? or would it be better to create a new idea for the part where you can type your own scales? I looked for one but didn't find anything.

SusanTran

Hi, it is possible to cache using custom scales. This can be accomplished by using the Generate Map Server Cache Tiling Scheme tool to create a custom tiling scheme that is then imported into the Sharing pane using the Tiling scheme file option in the dropdown.  

@MattiasEkström If the above workaround doesn't meet your needs, I agree that this would be better as a new idea. Thanks! 

MattiasEkström

Thanks @SusanTran !

It's another workflow than I'm used to, but it does meet my needs.

I still miss it in the cachning dialog, but that's more of a habit. It's not that common to create a new custom tiling scheme so I can definitly use that tool instead.