Organizations that rely on ArcGIS Online for their GIS need the ability to design simple print templates in the browser and make those templates available to the default print service.
- Support for print templates as items in ArcGIS Online
- Support for the default print service to be pointed to print templates to build a list of templates available. I think this should be a parameter list so that things like the Print Widget can be used to populate the list.
- Support for standard ArcGIS Online security/sharing so that print templates can be secured if needed
- A new WYSIWYG layout editor app in ArcGIS Online (not looking for ArcGIS Pro here just basic elements). Allow users to define:
- the map frame
- text boxes
- images (PNG, JPEG, SVG, etc.)
- legend (needs better options for handling overflow of legend items than the way it works now)
- scale bar
- north arrow
- simple graphics (points, lines, and polygons)
- page orientation
- page size
- support for Shared Theme
I know the trend in GIS is to go all digital, but in my opinion there are still many users that need access to printable maps that quickly convey a story to the person looking at it.