Publish Individual Web Layers to AGOL

03-15-2019 06:53 AM
Labels (1)
ScottKaplan1
New Contributor II

When sharing a web layer from ArcGIS Pro using the ribbon (Share > Web Layer > Publish Web Layer), there should be an option to share the layers from your map separately (split out) instead of grouping them all together into one feature layer.  Currently, you have to right click each layer and share each one individually if you want separate feature layers.

This way, when you add content to a web map on AGOL, you can pick and choose the individual layers instead of having to add all layers from the published feature layer (then having to delete the ones you don't need).

This could either be set up on the Share As Web Layer - General Tab or Content Tab.

See screenshot of mock-up.

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Maybe a workaround to accomplishing this would be to share as a web map and us the Split functionality.

Share a web map—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

RichardHowe

I'd agree with this being a useful addition. I still don't really fully understand the correct practice when you have a lot of layers you wish to upload en masse. Should they all be in one zipped gdb, should they all be uploaded done by one?? The documentation doesn't really provide much guidance on correct practice

mfoster73

I realize that this is an old thread, but I agree 100% with the OP.  I get very tired of sharing one layer at a time via the dialog in order to have a separate feature layer for each feature class in the map.  I know there is the splitting option, but that is not at all useful in this case, as it still forces you to have a feature layer with one or more sublayers.  I want to end up with feature layer per feature class as it appear in Pro to end up in my contents pane in AGOL.  Thank you

JamiePetersen

Is this not what you are after?  I could be reading into this wrong.  I followed the comment above and it did work for me.  You share the map, make it copied to server instead of referenced, and split each layer from your TOC into it's own web feature layer.  I end up with individual rest endpoints for each layer, with exactly one layer in each one.

Split Web Feature Layers.jpg