Individual control over Portal user credentials

02-06-2019 09:56 PM
ChristopherMugdan
New Contributor III

Allowing control over individual Portal users' credentials would be more in keeping with an enterprise system rather than a global "one size fits all" policy. An obvious example would be allowing particular users to have non-expiring passwords.

2 Comments
ThomasEdghill

Thanks for posting this idea, Christopher! I'd like to make sure I'm capturing the appropriate request here.

Currently, in the Enterprise portal, Administrators can configure various aspects of the password policy for users, or hook into existing enterprise logins - Configure security settings—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

As an Administrator, this would look something like this:

Password policy settings in the Enterprise portal.

Keeping the "Password will expire after... days" setting unchecked means that the passwords will be non-expiring for the organization. 

Are you looking to have further granularity with this? Thanks again for this feedback.

ChristopherMugdan

Hi Thomas,

My thinking is that, for Portal authenticated users, it would be helpful for each user to have properties for each individual user similar to Windows authentication, where there is a checkbox that indicates whether or not the user's password should expire or not and if it does expire then the expiration time.

Cheers,
Chris