WAB Share Widget -- sorting

02-05-2019 09:08 AM
ElizabethMiller
New Contributor III

Great widget with many cool functions! My customer requests out-of-the-box sorting on the chosen layer and field when the user picks "Query a feature and zoom to it." Currently it works great when the user picks the map layer and attribute field, but the pick list for the field does not automatically sort, making it harder to find the feature the user is looking for.

Something for the wish list...

Thank you!

1 Comment
by Anonymous User

Excellent suggestion Elizabeth! I'd also like to see where you can simply type in a value. For when a user would use my site www.sagis.org/map to send someone a link to a property, there are hundreds of thousands of properties.

I also noticed it does not populate the list with all values. Share widget bug And you have to type very quickly, to move the menu to the value you want. Type to slow, it only picks up the first character. Also, lay uses will probably not realize even you can type to move a dropdown menu to a value.  Sorting would help, and I would love to see that.  A-Z and Z-A for text and numeric. And if users could manually type in a value to a box, instead of pick on the menu.

In fact, I'd like to be able to 'share' queries created by the Filter widget. Similar to how you can 'share' a query by URL with Robert's eSearch. So a user could string together conditions with AND and OR for multiple fields or criteria sets.