Develop Pop-ups in Insights Map Chart or a Identify like Table

01-23-2019 07:03 AM
RobClark3
New Contributor III

There is a similar idea for extending pop-ups here. But I wanted to build on this. 

It's one of the #1 functions of any map, click on a feature and read all of it's attributes. 

In our industry we often have very large datasets with a huge number of columns, whilst we chart by some it would be nice to be able to select one feature and have some view where you could read all it's attributes. 

Could be two ways of doing this, inherit the web map pop-up or add another widget that pivots the selected features attributes to column aliases being the first column and the values the second (and then scroll between the selected features like in WAB if more than one feature).  Bring the worlds closer in summarizing data and then interrogating a feature of interest in one app.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
ThomasEdghill

Hi Rob, Thanks for submitting this to the Ideas site! 

I just left a comment on the linked Idea which you referred to (Simpler map pop-ups in Insights) and I wanted to also leave a comment here to make sure this feedback is fully captured. 

The current experience involves using the Layer Options to display popup information, if you wish to see a view of all the attributes associated with a certain feature, like this screenshot I just took from my testing:

This gives an "Identify tool"-like experience where you can click on features on the map to view their attribute information in a popup. Does this meet your requirements?