I appreciate what ArcGISIndexingServer.exe is doing to improve performance of ArcGIS Pro but I think there could be some simple improvements. It's currently a memory hog and brings my computer to it's knees regularly.
Quiet regularly I have to kill the process as it stops my workflows.
- Only Index what about 4 levels deep on my favorites..
- Don't update so thoroughly so often
- Restrict it to using 80% of system memory as windows reserves a decent chunk for caching of currently accessed files..
- Leverage the windows indexes
- Build the index on disk first then load to ram for optimization when the screen is locked.
- Build the index in parts
What Happens now
Things slow down or even stop working/crash
Check Task Manager shows how much ram ArcGISIndexingServer.exe is using.