ArcGIS Online -Save a Link to a Group Outside of My Organization

10-19-2018 11:35 AM
JamesMitchell6
New Contributor III

I have a URL [link] to an ArcGIS Online Group from another organization, with content I need to track.  The group is perfect because as new information is added, I will have access to it.  The group is shared to "everyone" and there is no authentication required to view the group's content.  Despite sharing to everyone, the group membership is not open for anyone to join and the owner has no intent to manage group membership.

There is no way within AGO to save the URL for a group, either n my Groups, my Content, or my Favorites; under my own AGO account.  It appears my only option is to save it as a bookmark in my browser.  This means i would have to be logged onto my desktop and lose the mobility available through AGO.

I want to be able to use it from my own AGO account, without having to search for the group, every time I need to access those content [data, maps, and appa].

It seems like I should be able to save the link as a favorite or within my groups, in my own AGO account.

1 Comment
JamesMitchell6

I couldn't believe there was no way to keep a link to a group that is external to my organization!