Migrate Model Builder Print Feature to ArcGIS Pro

09-13-2018 07:16 AM
Labels (1)
MatthewCartlidge
New Contributor II

In ArcMap, users could print/export a diagram of a model built in Model Builder. Such a feature let users share graphically with others in reports/presentations about the spatial analysis conducted. No similar capability seems to exist in ArcGIS Pro's Model Builder.

10 Comments
David-Semitekol

Yes, this is a very useful function:

• Complex models are easier to read, diagnose, and understand when printed in "map layout"
  • They really help in meetings with non-gis users, like leadership teams
JelleStaverman

indeed very usefull, one picture tells more than a 1000 words

MatthewCartlidge

Hi David,

Please share the link to this idea with your fellow GIS users so that they can Vote up this desired function.

Thanks!

MatthewCartlidge

Hi Jelle,

Well said! Please share the link to this idea with your fellow GIS users so that they can Vote up this desired function.

Thanks!

MichaelVolz

Excellent idea!!

Bob_Spaulding

Um, yes!! Our data systems make what seem from a distance to be somewhat simple questions quite complex.  (As I'm sure many of you deal with frequently).  And so trying to convey the complexity of what needs to be done to broader audience that half-get GIS would be hugely useful.  And also to hang the thing on my wall so I can stare at it when I get lost in the complexity. 

DuncanHornby

I inadvertently added a duplicate idea which was the same as this and has subsequently been marked as so, but that lead me here.

One additional tweak to this idea is to control the canvas colour, currently it is an off-white background which means any export/screen grab captures a model in some grey square. Most journals and reports publish on white paper and models from ArcPro look a bit naff...

KoryKramer

It is not in the plan to build a print option for ArcGIS Pro models, but there is a plan export to graphic/pdf:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/16735-arcpro-export-model-as-image

JamalNUMAN

Is the “print setup” available in 2.5? or developed in 2.6?

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “Print setup” tool is not available while working with model builder,

KoryKramer

Hi Jamal.  This idea has a status of Reviewed, so the feature is not currently in the product plan for 2.6.  The ModelBuilder team is aware of the issue, and has responded to you on other related threads across GeoNet.