Currently there is no way to adjust the pooling (number of instances) for a map service shared to portal or ArcGIS Online via the Share As Web Layer pane in ArcGIS Pro. Currently the workflow is:
- Share As Web Layer
- Configure all of the parameters
- Login to ArcGIS Server Manager
- Find the Service you just shared
- Click Pooling
- Edit the Service and Adjust the Min and Max number of instances.
In ArcMap the Workflow is:
- From an Mxd Share as Service
- Select Service
- Configure all of the parameters in the Service Editor
- Pooling is an option in the Services Editor and the Min and Max number of Instances can be adjusted here.
I have laid out the two workflows to show that a simpler workflow in ArcGIS Pro could improve the user experience of the publishers that know that a service they are publishing will receive more traffic. We have several services that we know are going to receive a large amount of traffic and it is nice to be able to adjust the number of instances during the time of publishing.
Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.