Disable Alerts during planned maintenance hours in ArcGIS Monitor

06-12-2018 04:57 AM
MarcelFrehner
New Contributor III

It would be great if ArcGIS Monitor allowed us to configure planned maintenance hours (service windows) when no alerts should be sent.

E.g. we know that our database is backed up every evening at 7 p.m. Database CPU usage will grow to more than 85% and trigger an alert email. This notification is not necessary as we know that the DB is under heavy load every evening at 7 p.m. The notification potentially distracts us from real problems.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
RoyceSimpson

I'd like to second this idea.  Our map services recycle at midnight every day.  From 00:00 to about 00:30 I get a barrage of email notifications that I promptly delete.  Would be great to tell Monitor to exclude certain times of the day on alerts.

x (x)
JCGuarneri

This would be an incredible addition to the capabilities of Monitor. I'm trying to fine tune things so I only get alerts when something happens that really needs my attention. I know you can't fully get there, but being able to tune out the ones that result from scheduled maintenance tasks would help a lot.

DerekLaw
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi @MarcelFrehner@RoyceSimpson, and @JCGuarneri:

It would be great if ArcGIS Monitor allowed us to configure planned maintenance hours (service windows) when no alerts should be sent.

This capability will be available in the forthcoming ArcGIS Monitor 2022 release. You will be able to specify an incident - a period of time where ArcGIS Monitor does not capture data metrics, nor send alerts. 

FYI, ArcGIS Monitor 2022 is targeted for release in Q4 2022.

Hope this helps,