Need to run Void Analysis report

Idea created by cross1 on May 29, 2018
    In Product Plan
    Score30
    • cross1
    • davidmidamerica
    • ksmith06

I have worked in commercial real estate for over 20 years. One feature that a competing GIS program offers is a void analysis report. Owing to the massive cost for the add-on, I never purchased it, and have since switched to Esri (specifically, I am using ArcGIS Pro Desktop, Business Analyst Online, and ArcGIS Online). It never occurred to me that Esri would not have this feature available, and I would be reduced to submitting it to a "wish list."

White the "Business Locator" and "Business Summary" reports are nice and all, they merely show what businesses actually exist. Certain brokers (mainly retail brokers) need to know what doesn't exist so that we can reach out to those businesses/segments specifically. The attached report is from the program I used to use. The Void Analysis tool is an add-on. This is only one page of a 43 report (the rest of the report looks the same, just with the other retail segments represented). This specific report shows a list of specific segments (example: Banks), the users within the designated radius (Chase, Huntington, etc.), and then the users that are outside of the radius (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc). With that information, the broker can reach out to BofA and Wells Fargo, and propose this location to them.

That Esri does not have such a valuable tool for commercial users is quite disappointing. For all the power that the Esri products have, this should be a no-brainer. And I cannot believe that no one has ever suggested it before. So now I have to tell my brokers/clients that I still cannot run these reports, despite having a GIS program that is supposed to be far superior to everything else out there.

Attachments