Labeling and Labeling Properties in Pro

05-25-2018 08:38 AM
Labels (1)
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like the Labeling Ribbon to automatically activate when I choose Labeling Properties from the Right-Click dialog in the TOC.  

When labeling I always need both the ribbon and the dialog (right pane) open at the same time so rather than activating both I think activating either should auto-activate the other.  Once both are open the user should be able to turn them on and off individually but I'd like the default setting to be both turned on. 

EDIT: I did try messing around with customizing the Ribbon and I didn't find a way to activate both Labeling interfaces with one click.

Thanks Thomas Colson for the suggestion.

2 Comments
ThomasColson

I voted up, but I think the response is going to involve seeing if customizing the ribbon or quick access toolbar doesn't meet this need. Suggest exploring that, and, if not, update the idea e.g "I tried the customize ribbon but it still doesn't get me where I need (screenshot attached). 

CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Closed

This is by design, outside of item context changes and modal ribbons, we don't auto-select ribbon tabs because it creates confusion.