Insights wish list

05-10-2018 05:42 PM
MichelleTotman
Occasional Contributor

Below is a list of things I would like to be able to do in Insights for ArcGIS that do not appear to have been mentioned on GeoNet yet:

1. Create scatter plots using the date/time field on the x-axis -> This is especially important for data that is not collected at a regular interval.
  2. Add multiple categorical fields to a pivot table
  3. Have Insights read and integrate domains and subtypes from a file or enterprise geodatabase -> This would allow me to view data from ArcGIS Collector without having to export it first.
  4. Project-level or page-level filtering rather than having to adjust the filters on each card
  5. Exclude specific points as potential outliers to see the impact on statistics and summary data
  6. Zoom-in and -out on time series data like I can for scatterplots -> This one is especially important to me as I have data that is tidally driven and would like to be able to look at the changes by tidal cycle, precipitation cycle, annual cycle, and multi-year without having to load a different data set for each analysis.
  7. Have Insights ignore text values such as "None" or "<1" to force a field to be treated as numerical

If anybody knows how to do any of the above mentioned in Insights for ArcGIS already, please let me know!

Tags (1)
1 Comment
ArthurHaddad

Thanks for these ideas.  Some comments on these.

Re: #2 - This is already possible with Insights today.  Can add multiple category fields and numeric fields.

Re: #3 - This is also possible today working with an Enterprise GDB.  We added support for subtypes and coded value domains last release.

Re: #4 - If you filter a dataset in the data pane, you effectively filter the data at the page level and all cards will reflect this on the page associated to that dataset.

Re: #6 - This next release (July 2020 - v2020.2) will support zooming in/out on a time series chart as well as support multiple date/time fields.

The other comments above are in our back log and we will prioritize these thanks to your input!

Let us know if you need more details on the above.