• hs100789
    • Hornbydd
    • tpcolson
    • rfairhur24
    • mstull
    • adec.pcpalmer
    • jakek
    • vlad_NISad

I need the ability in Pro to right click and copy/paste a field value in a row by just right-clicking on the field I want and using the context menu without having to highlight the value in the field like I can in ArcMap.  The ArcMap field context menu makes copy/paste immediately available since it treats the value in the field as though it is highlighted by just right-clicking the field, but ArcGIS Pro does not.

The mouse clicks for copying and pasting table view field values in ArcMap are:

Right-click on field, left-click on copy, right-click on field, left-click on paste

In Pro I have to do the following:

Left-click on field to open field, left-click on field to highlight value (and possibly left-click many times until the field value is highlighted when I go too fast or too slow), right-click on highlighted value, left-click on Copy, left-click on field to open field, left-click on field to highlight value (and possibly left-click many times until the field value is highlighted when I go too fast or too slow), right-click on highlighted value, left-click on Paste.

This is a task I may have to do hundreds or thousands of times a day.  Since the number of clicks has at least doubled and I have to constantly check whether the value is highlighted I am at least 3 times slower in Pro at this task compared to ArcMap.  Also, in Pro I have to left-click harder and faster than I do in ArcMap, since the field value is only highlighted if I do the left-clicks fast enough to be considered a double-click.  The alternative method of highlighting a value by holding the left-mouse button down and dragging the cursor over the field value is even more exhausting and time consuming then double-clicking.