ArcGIS Pro: Add edit / navigate icons to the table panel menu

03-02-2018 07:21 AM
Labels (1)
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

It would be great to add icons that are frequently used when creating, modifying, or saving features to the table / fields panel menu.

Table Panel Menu

Users are often editing feature data when a data table is open.  When editing, they frequently need to be able to use pan, zoom, and locate features--while still maintaining an edit session.

I find myself constantly switching from the locate panel, to the Edit ribbon to create a feature, to the table to add data about a feature, to the Edit ribbon to save updates, back to the explore icon to navigate.  If editing tools were available from the table panel menu it would streamline the process of creating and modifying features.

Thanks for considering this idea.

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Have you tried adding the tools you use most to your Quick Access Toolbar?

RachaelChasse

Hi Kory,

Thanks for the tip--I actually forgot about this toolbar.  The icons kind of hide themselves up there in comparison to the ribbon.  I'll try this out.

Maybe an option to customize the icon size on this toolbar would be helpful.  You can already minimize the ribbon, so some users may work mostly from the quick access toolbar if they could enlarge the icons.

KoryKramer

OK.  That might be a valuable comment on https://community.esri.com/ideas/10413