I have an issue with the "Near Me" widget duplicating images from my attribute table.
- I am making a simple web app and want to show some basic information and an image for each point (images stored as URL in attribute table)
- I also want to insert the "Near Me" widget so people can see what's near them.
- To add, when using the web app, I want to image to show up in the popup as well as in the Near Me widget info pane.
- In order to show the specific info (name, more info, image) in a point's popup, I configured a custom popup in the web map using attributes in the point layer's attribute table. This popup configuration CANNOT be changed.
- Each point in my layer has a specific URL for each image (images are stored online).
- The popups look great, with a simple custom configuration of text and image (shows up well in web map and app).
- The Near Me widget automatically reads the URL from my image attribute field and inserts the photo into the Near Me info pane.
- Thus, when viewing a point using the Near Me widget, I see my custom popup (with text, image, etc.) AND a duplicate image below my popup information.
- I need the custom popup configuration in my web app, the exact way I configured it in my web map (text, image, text), but when I do this, there is no way to prevent the Near Me widget from automatically inserting an image IN ADDITION to the popup configuration.
- There needs to be an option to turn off this automatic sourcing of images from my attribute table in the Near Me widget configuration.
- Esri has already said that this issue is not a bug, but it's bothersome, and it prevents the capability of inserting customized popups in a web app with an image sourced from the attribute table WITHOUT duplicating that image in the Near Me widget results pane.
Popup w/ Custom Configuration (using attributes in attribute table, image sourced via URL):
Near Me Info Pane for same point (notice the duplicate image below the "popup" configured section):
*** There is not way to prevent the second (lower) image from showing up in the Near Me Info Pane ***