Add point layer selection to Public Notification widget

01-12-2018 11:13 AM
PatriciaBerger
New Contributor II

The recently released Public Notification widget in WAB works well when using a parcel data set. However, it does not allow you to select a point layer as the "Layer to use to select addressee layers". This limitation reduces the number of residences that are notified, particularly those people living in mobile home courts, apartments, or other locations where there are multiple residences for a particular situs address.

Please add the functionality to select either a point layer or a polygon layer as the addressee layer in this widget.

4 Comments
AnjoletteSpradling

I had no problem adding a point layer as the addressee layer. I'm still working on why the labels are blank but I was able to add the point layer in config.

ChrisBuscaglia

Yes, points are supported! 

Please see the help below to see the different patterns allowed in the app, including points, parcels (polygons) and even related tables.

Public Notification | ArcGIS for Local Government 

Thanks,

Chris

PatriciaBerger

First, thank you to Anjolette and Chris for posting, it encouraged me to look closer at this.  The fundamental issue for our workflow was that we had the pieces of our label stored as attributes in our feature layer, and thus could configure the pop-up as a display type: a list of field attributes.  Once this was changed to display type: a custom attribute display, the address point layer was available for section in the widget. 

ChrisBuscaglia

Patricia - yes, that would be the issue and thanks for confirming that this fixed it.

Chris