ArcGIS Pro Field Calculate Helpers

11-08-2017 03:31 AM
Labels (1)
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Recently been using the Field Calculate tool in ArcGIS Pro. Much like anyone I have been using what I know to get the job done. There is a panel on the tool called Helpers, listing a range of python functions of which I have used only a few in the past.

Today I finally bothered to click on the Filter button and wondered what snippets/functions were so I had a look. I really like the functions that get listed up. These were typically snippets in the help file but are now a convenient mini function which you can load into the code block. Nice!

My idea is and at this point it's wide open for debate is expanding this list of functions for common generic field calculation workflows. This will require the user community suggesting ideas or the developer team thinking of common work patterns.

Examples I can think of are:

• Normalize a numeric field between 0 and 1
  • Calculate a sequential difference value.
1 Comment
MargaretCrawford
Status changed to: Closed

We are open to adding more helper functions and snippets to the field calculator control, and have added some additional (including in other expression languages) since this idea was added years ago. Given that this idea does not have comments or kudos since it was added, we are closing the idea.