A "Keep me signed in" checkbox that keeps me signed in

Idea created by env.matt.wilkie on Oct 26, 2017
    Not in Current Product Plan
    Score170

Please do what you can to make the "Keep me signed in" checkbox that is on the Esri web sites work. Thank you.

The check box doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect. On the forums I have to sign in for every new browser session. Additionally even if I don't close my browser the next day or several hours later I'm still forced to login again.  I see the same behaviour in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer (I haven't tested Edge recently).

If the feature actually does work and just doesn't for me, then please point to documentation that describes what's needed to support the feature on the client side and/or the environments that have been tested.

If the problem is intractable and can't be solved, then remove the darn thing and don't tease!

screen shot of esri login prompt

Related Ideas

Login checkbox to keep me logged in on this computer . At that time, 7 years ago, the request was about Ideas specifically, and unable to be acted on because of site architecture. Now Ideas is part of Geonet, along with many other Esri web real estates brought under the same umbrella.

have an option to stay signed in to arcgis online This idea is 6 years old and has the status of "Implemented". This one is in the context of ArcGIS Online, so maybe the "implemented" status just refers to AGOL properties.