WAB Print Widget Configuration Suggestions

10-17-2017 12:24 PM
Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor

It would be great if the WAB print widget would let me default the "map extent" instead of the "map scale", OR at least let me set this in the configuration. My users usually skip over the [Advanced] button, and they also don't know how to close the [Advanced] window, so adding a [Close] button would also be helpful.  I used the WAB DevEd, and was able to find my desired settings, except a close button, in the ...arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.5\client\stemapp\widgets\Print\templates\Print.html. Thanks for your help. 

3 Comments
Shauna-RaeBrown

I looked at the HTML for the Print widget's template, and added the two lines before the two closing divs.  I hope this is helpful for others.

<div class="gis_PrintDijit">
  <div class="formContainer">
    <div data-dojo-type="dijit/form/Form" data-dojo-attach-point="printSettingsFormDijit">
      <table cellspacing="5" style="width:100%;">
        <tr data-dojo-attach-point="titleTr">
          <td style="width:65px;">
              ${nls.title}:
          </td>
          <td>
            <input type="text" data-dojo-attach-point="titleNode" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/ValidationTextBox" data-dojo-props="name:'title',trim:true,required:true,style:'width:100%;'" />
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr style="display: none">
          <td>
            ${nls.layout}:
          </td>
          <td>
            <input type="select" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/Select" data-dojo-props="name:'layout',style:'width:100%;'"
            data-dojo-attach-point="layoutDijit" data-dojo-attach-event="Change:onLayoutChange"/>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr style="display: none">
          <td>
            ${nls.format}:
          </td>
          <td>
            <input type="select" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/Select" data-dojo-props="name:'format',style:'width:100%;'"
            data-dojo-attach-point="formatDijit" />
          </td>
        </tr>
      </table>
<!-- The following line was added to provide additional instructions for users. -->
      <p>For more settings, click the <b>Advanced</b> button, and then click out of the <b>Advanced</b> window to close it.  Click <b>Print</b> to generate the PDF.</p>
    </div>
  </div> <!-- class="formContainer" -->

Screenshot of Additional Text in Print Widget

SorenTollund

Yes, It would be really great for the user to have the ability to preview a #print frame showing the  geographical extent of  the print before hitting the print button.

SørenTollund

One more thing that would be really nice is the abilitity to set a default scale unit when configuring the tool in WAB.

Right now it apparently defaults to "Miles",  so our users have to change it to Meters og Kilometers through the Advanced Button before pushing the Print button.