The idea is to have a "Project Kick off" dialog box open when you select a map for viewing within collector. The purpose of this is to allow the author of the map; that is being consumed by field crews, the ability to announce important items prior to them beginning data collection.
So the work flow would be something similar -
- During the authoring of the web map; the author would enter some text into an "initial pop up window" field; similar to the "map description", that would show up within a pop-up.
- This field would have a check box that would allow the author to "enable" or "disable" the pop up.
- The field worker would select the map to take offline
- The map would check for the "initial pop up window" field is enabled
- If this variable is enabled, then the map would include this as portion a of the downloaded map that would be used within the collector app.
- Upon opening, there would be a "pop up" dialog that shows the entered text from the web map authoring for the user to see/read prior to collecting data.
- After reading the pop up, the user could close the window and continue on with data capture.
I would like this feature in order to bring to attention for the user to use "Layer XYZ" to fill out document work completed; like a DPR layer for example. Maybe it could be used to help remind the field crew for that day to stay off a "No Access" portion of the project? Potentially be used for a variety of announcements or reminders for the field crews, maybe even allow for hyperlinking to other items?