Copy - Paste legend and objects from ArcGIS Pro to Others programs (Office)

09-21-2017 06:47 PM
Labels (1)
AnaVilla1
New Contributor II

In ArcMap, I can copy objects and paste in PowerPoint. For example, a legend or all map if I want! but in ArcPro I can't. When you need to do a presentation quickly it's easy to use some objects from different layouts or if you need to send an email for the review of the legend it's really useful. But know I have to use a spinning tool and it's only a picture. When I use copy form ArcMap I can paste and convert to a Microsoft Office drawing and ungroup, in my opinion, it's a powerful tool, for example, some times I need to send a map to the designer and this is the easy way.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
SvetlanaSmorodinsky

Yes! Would love to have this functionality.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

The ability to copy layouts and maps to the clipboard so you can paste them in another application was introduced in ArcGIS Pro 2.8. Learn more here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/help/sharing/overview/capture-a-map-or-layout-to-the-clipboard...

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Already Offered

GregoryLund2

AubriKinghorn

Thank you for replying to this post, but that is not 100% correct, (near as I can tell).

The OP(AnaVilla1)  asked about a Legend or an entire map.

I'm working in ArcPro 3.0.2 right now and I can't (seemingly, unless it is a HUGE Operator (me) error) copy and paste a legend, nor a legend that was converted into graphics.

My only (albeit lame) 'solution' is to 'snip and clip' or use my Snagit Software to grab it.

Any chance of Esri providing the former ArcMap capabilities of being able to copy/paste a legend, scalebar, north arrow?