Have ArcGIS Pro establish Database Connections to the database the data is coming from in ArcMap when you are importing an MXD into ArcGIS Pro

09-18-2017 10:51 AM
Labels (1)
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

I have been working on trying to migrate some of our basic mapping and data editing workflows over to ArcGIS Pro but it is frustrating when I am importing in the existing MXD that I have been building these maps or have been editing in and while is shows the data, it doesn't build the database connection to the SDE Geodatabase that I am working with in this ArcGIS Pro Project resulting in me having to insert the database connection myself which one would assume would have been brought in when I imported my ArcMap Document into ArcGIS Pro. 

2 Comments
KristofferLaw2

I suppose a running list of DB connections might get long after a while in some extreme cases (where you have a huge list of SDE connections) but for 99.99 percent it would be beneficial.

KoryKramer

I recently wrote this blog about an easy way to migrate ArcGIS Desktop connections to ArcGIS Pro: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/data-management/migrate-folder-database-and-ser...