Idea created by ckohlerpeoria on Aug 10, 2017
    Duplicate
    Score50
    • ocwd.admin
    • Dizcinger
    • ckohlerpeoria
    • MidnightYell2003
    • Dan_Patterson

Today, my week-long project had to be restarted. To be honest it was my mistake and I didn't prepare back-ups so I take full responsibility as a user. 

My project requires over 6,000 fire hydrants to be classed into 4 different types. 

Single feature editing is not efficient, field calculator seemed a better/optimal solution.

"show all records" was selected instead of "show selected records".

All fire hydrants types were overwritten to the one calculated value.

Restarted my project and have considered work-arounds such as creating clones, then re-organize values to match original, etc. 

Can we have a discard feature applied to field calculator so similar workflows can be optimized instead of weighted-down by work-arounds and alternatives. 

If it is not rocket-science,how difficult would it be to apply single-feature-edit's discard edit function to field calculator?

One ESRI fix trickles down countless time saved for all users.

This was marked by Kory Kramer as a Duplicate of Undo field calculations in ArcPro.  It looks like they were submitted the same day, and at the time of review, the other Idea had 110 points, with this idea having 50.  Please see the other idea and add your vote there.