Allow a) upgrade of old apps to support new AGOL functionality and b) migration of usage statistics

08-08-2017 10:47 AM
NathanShaub
New Contributor II

I recently attempted to utilize a fancy, new Arcade expression in an old AGOL web mapping application of mine based on the Basic Viewer template and found that, though the expression worked fine in the underlying web map, the expression would NOT appear in the pop-up in my web mapping application.  I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that the web mapping application was based on old code that did not support Arcade expressions.  To get around this issue, I was forced to re-create the application with the Basic Viewer template (a bit tedious) and consequently broke up the usage statistics between pre-Arcade-supporting and post-Arcade-supporting applications.  ESRI Support confirmed that this was my only option.

This idea post really consists of TWO ideas:

1) Could we please have a way to upgrade older web mapping applications so that they support cool functionality added in later AGOL releases?

2) Could we have the ability to migrate usage statistics from one web mapping application to another when we are forced, for whatever reason, to create a new web mapping application?